How to clean your Makeup Brushes like a Pro...
1. Olive Oil
2. Dawn Dish Soap
3. Small Plate
4. Dirty Makeup Brushes!
5. Clean Towel to Dry the Brushes on
- Start with the plate, add equal parts Olive Oil to Dawn Dish Soap. (The Olive Oil not only attracts the oil in the makeup, but also conditions the brush to leave the bristles soft. The Dish Soap helps remove all the makeup and sanitizes the bristles.)
- Then take your first dirtiest brush and swirl it around on the plate, mixing the olive oil and soap together.
- Now continue swirling the brush around in the palm of your hand while rinsing under warm water from your faucet.
- Continue until water runs clear from the brush. You will be amazed at how quickly this works and just how much makeup it pulls out that has been hiding deep in the bristles.
- Now set the brush to dry on its side on a towel on the counter over night.
- Enjoy your 'good as new' brushes!
*Special Note - NEVER hold the brush pointing upwards under the water faucet, as the water will expand the wood and desolve the glue holding the brush and bristles together. You always want to swirl the brush around in your palm letting the water naturally flow and remove the makeup.